BENEFITS OF ADOPTING VIRTUAL MODELING SOLUTION/ TECHNOLOGY
GROUPS WHO GETS BENEFIT FROM THIS TECHNOLOGY ARE:
of the engineering model of the buildings at every phase of the construction, even
before construction process is started.
- The synchronization
of design, cost and time data is achieved.
- The estimates
are prepared and easily updated at any time to reflect subsequent changes in the
improves cost management accuracy and turnaround times.
can be evaluated easily & quickly and changes can be made, which helps in the early
elimination of design & coordination errors.
schedule planning and production control, which provides superior performance over
disruptions, assures productivity from day one, shortens schedules, increases profitability
and win more business. Sequencing of all the activities of buildings and the utilities.
- The 3D,
4D, & 5D modeling tools have helped construction organizations to reduce their cost
of construction between 3% to 5% and construction time from 8 to 20% .
Equity Firms/ Financial Institutions/ Lender Engineers.
ARCHITECTURAL/ STRUCTURAL DESIGNERS
modeling, analysis and design can be achieved without splitting up the tasks.
cooperation among architectural team, structural consultant & different MEP consultants
through BIM model.
coordination of building systems like space utilization, clash detection.
- Easy and
error free generation of construction documentation.Since 2D model is a by –product
of the 3 D model, consistency is easily achieved in all the sections, plans and
- All engineering
data design, costing & scheduling data can be continuously updated on a real time
basis in one single BIM package
PRIVATE EQUITY FIRMS/ FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS/ BANKS
- Possibility of more what if scenarios.
- Rehearsed construction plans, sequences, heavy lifts and difficult carry-in movements.>
- Visualization of simulated environment.
- Help the construction & erection gangs to speed up their work.
- Near real time material balance, sub-contractor's bill verification & project
MONITORING & CONTROL
- Audit of construction cost of a real estate/ infrastructure project.
- Amount of funds being utilized are easily assessed during construction period,
helping in phase wise release of funds by investing company.
- Assistance in arriving project cost to fix up final amount of equity and debt components.
- Projects become more viable as cost & implementation time get reduced.
design quality, better performing building (systems & engineering coordination)
- BIM includes
all related information for owners to deal with the property, building systems and
causes for disputes & claims with contractors
- Data can
be efficiently exchanged for operations/ maintenance purpose
of 3%-5% on construction cost & 8% to 20% on project implementation time.